2-Cycle Outboard Winterization
- Add fuel treatment and stabilizer to fuel tank(s) as required per gallon*.
- Change water separating fuel filter, if equipped &/or empty sediment/water bowl if equipped.
- EFI & Optimax DFI Engines: Drain VST. Connect portable fuel tank containing manufacturer’s recommended winterization mix of stabilized fuel and oil. Run engine up to operating temperature circulating winterization fuel mix to protect internal engine parts. Re-connect engine fuel line.
- Carbureted Engines: Run engine up to operating temperature, circulating stabilized fuel through fuel system and fog engine with a rust preventative solution to protect internal engine parts.
- Optimax DFI Engines: Use DDT/CDS to run oil pump prime to protect internal engine parts.
- Drain and re-fill lower unit gear lube and install new washers. Pressure test lower unit, if any indication of water exists, notify customer if present.
- Grease engine fittings.
- Sport Jet Pump Service: Drain & refill drive housing unit with H.P. Gear Lube and install new fill/vent screw washers. (Drive housing fill/vent screws must be accessible while boat is on the trailer.) Remove stator, drain gear lube & refill with H.P. Gear Lube and install new fill/vent screw washer and re-install stator.,
* Due to fuel quality issues and varying ethanol content, we can no longer guarantee trouble free spring start-up. So far, our current treatment has been working well for the past several years. Please deliver your boat with at least a 1/4 tank of gasoline, so we have enough to run the engine during haul out and winterization.
Certified Service on Mercury Outboards and Mercruiser Sterndrive Products