4 Stroke Outboard Winterization
- Add fuel treatment and stabilizer to fuel tank(s) as required per gallon.*
- Change water separating fuel filter, if equipped &/or empty sediment/water bowl if equipped. Drain water from Verado water separating fuel filter canister.
- Connect portable fuel tank containing manufacturer’s recommended winterization mix of stabilized fuel and oil.
- Run engine up to operating temperature, circulating winterization fuel mix to protect internal engine parts. Run carbureted engines dry. Re-connect engine fuel line.
- Drain and re-fill lower unit with H.P. Gear Lube and install new fill/vent screw washers. Pressure test lower unit, if any indication of water exists, notify customer if present.
- Change engine oil and filter, using only quality products (SAE 10W30, FC-W); Verado uses SAE 25W-50 Synthetic Blend, FC-W.
- Grease engine fittings.
* Due to fuel quality issues and varying ethanol content, we can no longer guarantee trouble free spring start-up. So far, our current treatment has been working well for the past several years. Please deliver your boat with at least a 1/4 tank of gasoline, so we have enough to run the engine during haul out and winterization.
Certified Service on Mercury Outboards and Mercruiser Sterndrive Products